Published in 2000
The third Bulletin includes articles on:
- The Santa Marina retable from Mayorga, attributed to the Master of Palanquinos (c.1490);
- The effects of reinforcements on the preservation of paintings on wood panel: introduction and results of research on unreinforced panels;
- Consensus in the classification of craquelure;
- The Upton House Saenredam: conservation and technique;
- The Castle Ashby Holy Family: a technical investigation and comparison with the technique of Sebastiano del Piombo;
- "Use a little wax with your colours, but don't tell anybody": Joshua Reynolds' painting experiments with wax and his sources;
- the commission and restoration of six portraits of the daughters of George III by Sir William Beechey;
- Marcus Gheeraerts' The countess of Bedford and her Daughter, an alternative attribution;
- Jan Both's Italian Landscape, materials, technique and treatment.
Paperback: ISBN 978-0-904454-63-5
Available from the HKI for £9.99 plus postage. Discounts available for multiple orders.
Enquiries to: email@example.com